Google seems to have released a combined update for all Nexus S GSM owners, which includes the Super AMOLED version as well as Super Clear LCD version. It was confirmed by several of our readers, who updated their Nexus S GT-i9023 to Android 4.0.3 using the same build that was said to be released for I9020T only.
An OTA version will be on its way shortly, but if don’t want to wait for OTA; you can update your Nexus S I9023 right way using the following guide.
- Download the Update from here
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip (although not necessary but helps)
- Copy update.zip to the root of your internal storage
- Switch off your Nexus S
- Hold Volume Up and Power to reboot into the bootloader
- Select “Recovery,” then press power button
- Once the triangle with exclamation mark appears, press power button and volume up at the same time to enter recovery menu
- Select “Apply update from /sdcard”.
- Once the process is finished, reboot your phone and your Nexus S is updated to Android 4.0.3.
Useful info. Fortunate me I found your web site accidentally, and I am surprised why this accident did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.
Leave a comment