Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions. Initially developed to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach fundamentals
of computer programming within a visual context, Processing also has evolved into a tool for generating finished professional work. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.
- » Free to download and open source
- » Interactive programs using 2D, 3D or PDF output
- » OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
- » For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- » Projects run online or as double-clickable applications
- » Over 100 libraries extend the software into sound, video, computer vision, and more…
- » Well documented, with many books available
To see more of what people are doing with Processing, check out these sites:
» Processing Wiki
» Processing Discussion Forum
» Studio Sketchpad
To contribute to the development, please visit Processing on Google Code to read instructions for downloading the code,building from the source, reporting and tracking bugs, and creating libraries and tools.