HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
- Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support.
- Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported)
- File format: MP4(M4V) and MKV
- Video: H.264(x264), MPEG-4(ffmpeg), MPEG-2(ffmpeg), or Theora(libtheora)
- Audio: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X Only), MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis. AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 pass-thru
- Chapter selection, Chapter Markers
- Vobsub and Closed Captions
- SRT import and passthru
- SSA passthru or burn-in (experimental)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video and Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preivew
- Built-in presets for common devices