I have been using it for a while now, it gave me a full concentration on the functionality of the website instead of cross browsing testing and styling. I do did a few tweaks though, overall, it can easily save me heaps of times! Based on my personal opinion, Twitter bootstrap does limit how you design a website. If you look at this Twitter Bootstrap showcase, many of them are identical and you can read another opinion from Paul Scrivens. It’s a good tools, but don’t abuse it.
In this post, I have found many useful tools, plugins and themes created specifically for Twitter Bootstrap. If you love using Twitter Bootstrap, I’m sure you will love all these resources.
Tools – Wireframing, Generators and Template
- FamFamFam Custom Twitter Icon Sets
- Use FamFamFam icon set in Twitter Bootstrap, or you can learn how to integrate other icon sets and extend Twitter Bootstrap existing icon library.
- Boostrap Button
- This tool create a custom button to replace the existing button style.
- Bootstrap Button Generator
- If you don’t want to go through the documentation, you can use this button generator. You can create different kind of buttons with all the predefined style in Twitter bootstrap.
- Boostrap PSD
- Bootstrap GUI PSD is a toolkit from RepixDesign designed to kickstart webdesign of webapps and sites. It Includes al base elements layered in Photoshop for typography, buttons, grids, navigation, and more used in the original CSS3 Bootstrap framework from Twitter.
- This website allow you to generate your own unique design. It has a good interface and give you a quick preview of the new style.
- SASS Twitter BoostrapIf you use SASS instead of LESS, you will appreaciate this.
- BoilerStrapA blank slate for the modern web. Just add creativity.
- Colorpicker and Datepicker
- Pretty straight forward, it’s a colorpicker and datepicker that matches the bootstrap style.
- WYSIWYG Editor for bootstrap
- Font Awesome
- Extend the existing icons with SVG based font icons.
Skin, Themes & Styles
- jQuery UI Bootstrap
- This project brings the beauty of Twitter’s Bootstrap to jQuery UI widgets.
- Change the style of Twitter bootstrap easily by downloading premade CSS styles.
- FB Boostrap
- Fbootstrapp is a toolkit designed to kickstart development of facebook iframe apps in both relevant sizes. It includes base CSS and HTML for typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation, and more, styled in the typical facebook look and feel.
- A Dark Theme for Twitter Bootstrap 2.
- A full version of Twitter’s Bootstrap with themes, enhancements, and other goodies.
- jQuery Mobile Boostrap
- A jQuery Mobile theme based on Twitter Bootstrap
- WordPress BoostrapTwitter Bootstrap in a WordPress Theme.