Dwoo is a PHP5 template engine which is (almost) fully compatible with Smarty templates and plugins, but is written from scratch for PHP5, and adds many features.
Main Features – v1.1.1 – February 7, 2010
- Template Inheritance, a fresh look at complex template structures, now built without includes
- Sub-template declaration within templates to allow recursive templates.
- Smarty syntax compatibility with several additions and shortcuts to speed up template writing
- Flexible plugin creation, plugins can be wrapped in classes or simple functions, they can be precompiled to optimize the load time of the template, etc.
- Scope aware engine, allowing for shorter templates
- Unicode / UTF-8 support for string manipulation functions.
- Generally faster than Smarty with variable speed improvements depending on the features used.
- E_STRICT compliant code that does not throw PHP warnings.
- Ready to use with several frameworks using the provided adapters (ZendFramework, Agavi, CakePHP, CodeIgniter)
Important Notice – SVN change
The old svn url does not work anymore since I moved the site to a new server and I now use apache with mod_dav_svn, it means you can/should now access it through normal http at http://svn.dwoo.org/
Please change your externals and use http://svn.dwoo.org/ in place of svn://dwoo.org/dwoo/. Apologies for the inconvenience.