1. Open "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file in Resource Hacker and go to:
String Table -> 1896
2. Now in right-side pane, you’ll see default "New Folder" and "New Shortcut" strings:
3. You just need to replace the default strings with your desired strings as we have removed the "New" word from both strings:
4. Once you finish, click on "Compile Script" button and save the file.
5. Restart your system and now you’ll see your customized names whenever you create a new folder or shortcut:
NOTE: If you get "Can’t create file…" error message when you try to save the file, it means you have edited and saved the file recently and there is a backup file which needs to be deleted before saving the file again. Go to the "System32" folder and look for a file "Shell32_original.dll". Delete it and try to save the file again.