Here’s a slightly more detailed set of instructions:
1. Download the libusb-win32 binaries and unzip them (it doesn’t matter where you put them)
The project homepage is here. The latest release at time of writing is libusb-win32-bin-220.127.116.11.zip here.
2. Install a driver for your camera. Assuming you unzipped libsub-win32 into c:\, run c:\libusb-win32-bin-18.104.22.168\bin\inf-wizard.exe and go through this process to set up a libusb driver for your camera. You may need to uninstall these drivers to use your manufacturuer’s camera software.
- Installing a camera driver
- screenshot.jpg (73.13 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
3. Unzip my gphoto build file somewhere on your pc. (The latest zip is gphoto-2.4.14-win32-build2.zip, here.)
4. At a Windows command prompt, run "gphoto2.bat –help" from the directory into which you unzipped the build. Have a look at the gphoto2documentation for more information on how to use gphoto.