NOTICE: WORKS GREAT WITH JQUERY 1.4!!
WHY SHOULD YOU USE THE GOOGLE MAPS JQUERY PLUGIN?
Not all portions of the original API were carried over into this plugin, some portions are considered a work in progress, other portions are considered unknown to the developer at this time. If you know of a feature that is not working or does not exist, by all means contact the developer or ask on the Google Maps JQuery Plugin Discussion Forums.
I an not affiliated with Google and this is a personal project to simplify the usage of Google Maps API.
Special thanks to Menno at www.codefocus.ca for doing a code review.
- Portions of the Map (div container, info window) is controlled through CSS, so a user can create their own styles.
- Released under the GPL license & MIT license
Tested In: Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 8, Safari 4, Opera 10, Chrome 3
To Test In: Firefox 2, 3, Opera 9, Internet Explorer 6, 7.
- “I have been crawing around in JQuery plugin code for about 6 months and this is one really FINE “first” plugin” – Russell Stoker
- “Your additions are amazing! and such time savers too!” – Joseph Moglia(grad student at Humboldt State University in California in GIS and Remote Sensing)
- Multiple Marker Info Window was not rendering div layers properly.
- Map Markers
- Map Info Window
- Control Examples
- Polyline Examples
- Polygon and Tile Overlays
- Service Examples