If your going to host any websites (internal or external) on your Windows Server 2008 machine, you’re going to need IIS 7.0 installed. Here’s how to get it installed:
1. Click Start and selectServer Manager.
2. When the Server Manager window appears, go to the left pane and select Roles.
3. On the right, click the Add Roles link.
4. Check the Web Server (IIS) checkbox.
5. A confirmation box will appear, notifying you that additional features are required. Click the Add Required Features button.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next again.
8. Now it is time to select the role services. Select the desired services by checking the corresponding checkboxes. For example, if you are going to use ASP application deployment, check the ASP checkbox.
If additional features and services are required, such as the .NET Environment, another confirmation box will appear. Click the Add Required Services button.
9. Click Next.
10. Verify that the installation selections are correct.
11. Click the Install button.
12. Close the Server Manager.