Sometimes I put up with computer stupidity much longer than I should. By default, Thunderbirdpositions the cursor at the bottom of the e-mail body when replying to an e-mail instead of at the top. I couldn’t figure out how to change it, so instead I rewired my brain to press Ctrl+r, Ctrl+Home to reply.
Today I decided enough is enough. After a brief Google search I found the solution to setting the reply position on e-mails to the top instead of the bottom. The stupid thing is that it’s not an application-wide setting, it’s an account setting.
1. In Thunderbird: Go to “Edit > Account Settings” *
2. Select “Composition & Addressing” for the account in question
3. Make sure the “Automatically quote the original message when replying” checkbox is checked.
4. In the dropdown box below that, select the option “start my reply above the quote”
This worked for Thunderbird 1.5, ymmv
* update: on Windows, the option can be found in: Tools -> Account Settings.
update 2: If you’re commenting to say “thank you”: You’re welcome!